Simple and easy-to-grasp information benefits both experienced infrastructure construction professionals as well as regular Joes. Besides, achieving a better understanding with information models helps save money in the long run. For professionals, i...
The most cited and best understood BIM use by infrastructure project stakeholders is interface management. Those related to the environment are often neglected. The size of infrastructure construction operations and the resulting allotment of trades ...
The railway sector is evolving and with it the design methods for conventional, metro, tramway and other types of tracks. Digitization and environmental issues are now an integral part of the development, construction and operation of rail networks. ...
InfraBIM Open 2021 Lyon
You are welcome to the 4th edition of InfraBIM Open (IBO), taking place for the first time in France. Take this opportunity to measure and capture all the progress in the digital transformation of Infrastructures, thanks to BIM and openBIM.
Today, Infrastructures face an increasing number of requirements:
- Environmental efficiency,
- Sobriety, performances and profitability of the structure throughout its life, from the preliminary project to its life end (PLM),
- Resilience and increasing user demands,
- Not forgetting the legal aspects of the use of the data: liability and intellectual property.
Infrastructures - Public Works and Civil Engineering - have been able to meet these challenges, thanks to digital innovation focused on interoperability. Thus, this domain is essential to the economy, both in terms of its production and of the jobs it generates. Infrastructures have entered Industry 4.0 with full force under the « Smart Construction » umbrella.
IBO21 challenge : « Designing the intelligent city and transport »
Infrastructures, which act as a platform for day-to-day operations, have increased interconnection to digital information systems and networks such as 5G, smart building, IoT. The design and use of Digital Twins will optimize asset management, the use of the infrastructure through a more sustainable and controlled management. Digital technologies at the service of Infrastructures open up new prospects in terms of market, recruitment, savings and even responses to crises and health risks, such as « covid19», through its remote collaborative aspects.
If you are interested in BIM in infrastructures: join the IBO21 !
This international professional convention, unique in its kind, gives Infrastructures 4.0 their full place by proposing:
- feedback from daily practice of openBIM in road, street, tramway, railway and bridge projects, etc.
- the public procurement point of view on BIM Infrastructures
- but also hot topics such as the latest digital applications for Infrastructures
- analysis and best practices from visionaries, industry leaders from around the world, and operational people.
They were more than 570 participants of 31 different nationalities in 2020: join the 4th edition of InfraBIM Open in 2021 as participant or sponsor!