InfraBIM open is a collective sharing of knowledge. Take part in the InfraBIM Open call for presentations is a way to progress together in the infrastructures sector, to face now and future challenges!
Your contributions should highlight the diversity and maturity of openBIM in Infrastructures regarding:
- The issues of the low carbon trajectory. How openBIM makes projects and asset more sustainable? What are the exemplary projects on data continuity? How manage the wall life cycle an asset? How integrate circular economy and optimize the natural resources onsite, materials, transportation and machine?...
- The financial added value. How openBIM contributes to reduce costs and OPEX? How openBIM gives value to data?....
- The involvement of asset owners and clients. How owners and clients support openBIM? Wich values do they find in openBIM?...
- The democratization of openBIM uses. How have you succeeded to onboard people in using openBIM? How can openBIM be promoted to people who are not aware of the technology and digital process?...
In previous editions we have received a huge number of proposals from all over the world: unfortunately we can't accept all of them so please pay attention when writing a proposal as acceptance is made based on a text and evaluation criteria (see below).
It is still time for proof of feasibility and value about openBIM! The conditions for success and improvement of the various productivities are now to be sought in a more systematic way also regarding climate emergency. So contribute to the InfraBIM open 2024 call!
- Proposal submission deadline: 18 september
- Notification of proposals: after the 8 november
- Registration and payment for presenting author: 22 november
When writing your proposal please try to answer to the following questions:
- What is new and innovative?
- How does your proposal make leaps in advancement of openBIM?
- What makes your case stand out from similar topics?
- How openBIM is shown in the proposal?
- How openBIM is related to subject?
The 1st evaluation criterion will focus on whether the communication contributes to the enrichment of current knowledge - practical, technical, theoretical - in response to the expectations of the call. The originality, coherence and argumentation of the communication will of course be taken into account. Finally, the readability and clarity of the communication will be a guarantee of debate and appropriation by the community. Please note that commercial presentations will not be favored.
Proposal submission can be done only via the ExOrdo portal : https://infrabimopen2024.exordo.com/
Presentations are accepted based on the abstract text. Maximum length of a proposal is 500 words.
When submitting, you are asked to (all obligatory):
- choose the most suitable submission category and the most suitable theme(s) - max. 2 - for your submissions (see below).
- list all authors involved in the work.
- name the authors:
- corresponding author will receive all the emails from the organizers,
- the presenting author should present the topic in the conference. Only one more presenting author is allowed if necessary.
- provide a (square) headshot of the presenting author (thumbnail images should be 240 pixels wide, 240 pixels tall) and a link towards your linkeIn account if you have one.
- provide a bio text of the presenting author: max length 300 words.
- Inform us if the topic has been presented before.
- Describe how does your proposal contribute to openBIM, what makes your case stand out from similar topics (cf criteria).
Later on, all the corresponding authors will receive the notification email if selected or not (beginning of November). Presentation slides will be required to be uploaded into the same database as abstracts, names, images and bios. The database is integrated into an online program that will be used by event participants.
- Use cases
- Education / Research
- Standardisation and guidelines
- Technical solutions (automation, AI, scheduling, common data environment…)
SUBMISSION DOMAINS (max.2)
- Bridges, tunnels and structures
- Ports and Waterways
- Railways and tramlines
- Roads and streets
- Utilities and distribution networks
- Sustainable development and life cycle solutions
- Digital project management
- Urban and area planning
- Maintenance and operation management
- Facility management
- Digital asset management
- Presenting author has to register and pay the registration fee by 22 November 2023.
Speaker fee: 275 EUR (including 20% VAT).
- If there are more than one presenting author, the other extra presenting author pay the regular fee.